Stories Untold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporter Interview - History Gathering and Questions about the Shift as Refuge

2 posters

Go down

Reporter Interview - History Gathering and Questions about the Shift as Refuge Empty Reporter Interview - History Gathering and Questions about the Shift as Refuge

Post by YunaUisce Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Reporter gathering information about the Shift for other civilians: (Questions may be geared toward Eden/Kiran/or others associated with civilian safety measures)
"I understand the Shift to be a sort of refuge area from the chaos ensuing here on [planet name].
... And it's not located on... on our planet.

• Where is the Shift located?
  • How did the Shift come to be? Who or what created it? How long has it been around?
  • How does one get to the Shift?
  • What will one expect to see/experience in the Shift? What is it like to live in the Shift?
  • How much can/what should civilians take with them to the Shift?
  • Are civilians safe in the Shift? Are the rift fiends attacking in there as well?
  • Will everyone be able to go or is there a specific capacity? What determines who will go into the Shift?
  • Are any people excluded from the Shift?
  • For those that end up moving to the Shift, is it appropriate to call them "Shifters?""
The reporter's lips begin to curl up before she coughs, and regains composure with a straight face, adjusting the recording device.

"Now, some people probably don't want to leave their home or other loved ones here. Or maybe people just think this is going to pass over like a bad squall or some horrifying nightmare. For those that want to stay on [planet name/in city name], what advice do you have to survive the terror that is transpiring in our home?

• Other than the obvious, just run and hide, what are some ways civilians might avoid or fight off the rift fiends?
  • What are some ways civilians might be able to defend themselves or avoid unnecessary interactions with these monstrous nightmares?
  • For those courageous souls that actually want to find a way to help fight these fiends, what is the best way for them to get involved? Who should they contact should they want to brave the front lines?"
YunaUisce
YunaUisce
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reporter Interview - History Gathering and Questions about the Shift as Refuge Empty Re: Reporter Interview - History Gathering and Questions about the Shift as Refuge

Post by Eden Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Micah Harding

Briefly glancing toward the cameras focused on him and the reporter set throughout studio, Micah gently clears his throat before responding. "We cannot say with absolute certainty where the Shift is located. While our research teams have documented multiple theories, each as plausible as the next, no one report agrees on a common source. With that being said, there is nothing we can know with absolute certainty at this stage. Anything I may provide is pure conjecture until we have a stronger foothold."

Pausing long enough to digest the reporters questions, Micah folds his hands on his lap as he responds. "I cannot answer the first. However our best, ah, hypothesis regarding who or what created it would be the synthetics we encountered. Or, rather, that they are responsible for what it has become. They state they are unable to recall any time prior to being there and that they naturally knew how to begin altering its... contents, if you will. For this reason they cannot provide us with a clear answer regarding its origin, how long it has been around, or even how they arrived in the first place, though we are given reason to believe it was under similar circumstances to us."

Lifting the provided glass of water and taking a quiet sip, he sets it back down before continuing. "To arrive in the Shift, one must be in the presence of our local synth, Eden. While we are working on the creation of other A.G.I and requesting further assistance from its current inhabitants, he is the only way in as of the moment. To hear him describe the process is a touch on the metaphysical. But he says that he is 'pulling the strands weaving reality together, apart, creating a rift in both time and space.'" The man gives a gentle smile as he recalls the quote. "Essentially he is creating a stabilized version of the rifts that randomly open on our planet, allowing us to pass through without the... usual consequences. Now as far as your other questions, a lot of that will fall to the citizens discretion. My experience there has been nothing but pleasant, though I suppose anything that takes me away from the front lines would be."

Chuckling to himself, he continues. "It would seem that the synths already present are able to form thoughts and desires into physical manifestations, so unless you are bringing something that has a great deal of personal or historical value, it is recommended you leave it behind. It is easier to move to and from without unneeded luggage weighing you down, after all. As for the Shifts safety and whether fiends are attacking it, the synths have created as comfortable a setting as they can. Given we have come across people from other realities--odd, I know--the populations from different worlds are provided with the comforts they would expect from their home planet."

Taking another sip of water, this time lasting a few seconds longer, he proceeds. "The fiends are able to pass through into the Shift, but the synths have been able to... decipher if those coming through a particular portal are one of the fiends or a new group of survivors. While I could not tell you how, I'm sure our researchers would be happy to discuss the possibilities with you. In fact I believe you may have met them earlier.

As for who may go, if there is a specific capacity, or any form of determination--I cannot fully disclose yet. We are still working through the more... precise details."

Shuffling in his seat, he foregoes keeping his hands on his lap and instead crosses his legs, carefully resting an ankle against his knee. "I would say 'refugee' is more appropriate as, technically speaking, every last one of us are."

Waiting for the reporter to continue, he quirks a single brow in response to the new set of questions. "Avoidance is the best solution possible. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to interact or fight the fiends off on your own. Remain safe by staying in your designated city dome. Or if you absolutely must go somewhere else, take one of the underground transports at their designated dates and times." His lips press into a thin line. "There are various factions attempting to take advantage of those who do not wish to wait. If you receive an offer to go from point A to B at any time, no questions asked, do not board their vehicle. We have found... too many bodies in the tunnels."

For a moment he all but sags in his seat, sliding down into the cushion with an unceremonious grunt. Yet just as it seems to occur, he regains his proper and prim posture, the smile that had fallen from his lips slapped back on. "If you wish to assist in the fight against the rift fiends, contact your local Synthetic Insights office and request to speak with an ARFB recruiter. They will give you a date and time to come in for an interview and decide from there."
Eden
Eden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum